Wednesday, May 27, 2009

48 Hour Challenge


What a great idea, a challenge to read books for 48 hours and the timing is perfect! It's the first weekend of summer. I have never participated in this 48 Hour Book Challenge created by Mother Reader but am excited anticipating the thought of making reading for myself a goal for a short period of time. I'm not sure how much I can participate with my daughter's schedules but I am going to give it a try and blog about my reading.

I'm even more excited about joining some of my Central Ohio blogger friends and meeting more of this great group for breakfast and shopping to kick off our summer and reading. A little bit of grown up time. My friend Franki over at A Year of Reading posted about connecting our reading and helping out a charity.

To quote Franki, " Mary Lee already posted that she will not be able to attend this year's Blog Event due to her participation in a FISH-A-THON. She will be raising money for a cause that is important to her--Casting for Recovery, a nonprofit organizaiton that offers no-cost retreats for breast cancer survivors."

I too am going to participate by contributing a dollar a book for each book I come home with from shopping. The great news is I have a purchase order to help with our cause this day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pledge, Mandy! Happy end of school! I wish I could be with you all, but I am starting to get really psyched to fish tomorrow -- reading with just have to wait this year!!!

    ReplyDelete