Friday, January 6, 2012

Poetry Friday - Serenity Prayer

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


As I was searching for poetry that might help keep my One Little Word - Choice present, causing reflection during the year I found this prayer.  I was surprised to have a prayer come up when I was searching for poetry.  I honestly haven't thought of prayers as a form of poetry.   Who better to ask then Poetry bloggers!

This week Poetry Friday is hosted by JoAnn at Teaching Authors.

4 comments:

  1. There is a quote by Samuel Taylor Coleridge: "Poetry is the best words in the best order." I would say this prayer fits that very well. Beautiful piece for your word as well, Mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it, I think there's a big overlap between prayers and poetry. I was trying to remember other poems that might go with your word. Your World by Georgia Douglas Johnson? Choose by Carl Sandburg?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how many poems you come up with that fit your OLW this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The serenity prayer ~ If only everyone would take the time to say this one. So simple and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete