Sunday, March 9, 2014

SLICE 2014 - 9 of 31 Hello Fitbit Flex

Hello Fitbit Flex.  I'm so glad I found you finally.  After stalking the shelves at Target since January you were there, waiting for me on Saturday.  I stalked and waited so long because I had gift cards from my kind and generous families to help with your purchase.  You seemed like a great idea to use gift money on. Something I probably wouldn't just buy for myself, normally.  Something to help improve my health and probably spark motivation.   

Today was our first day together.  The sun was shining brightly and tricked everyone to thinking it was a bit warmer than it actually was.  We took the dogs on a mile walk this morning and that really increases the step count for the day.  We walked the mall for a bit today, it's prom dress shopping season and we will be out shopping more for this special purchase.  We walked with the dogs again to the next neighborhood over to pick up A from a friend's house.  I might have driven without you in my life.  I knew I wanted to reach the goal of 10,000 steps for the day so we walked.  

I like checking out your feedback using my fitbit app.  As of right now, we took 13,271 steps for 5.88 miles and had 44 active minutes.  You also tell me the calories I burned, interesting and I might pay attention to this later.  I'm not sure about having you keep track of my calories eaten or starting a food plan.  I do think your other feature might be a bit creepy but we will try it tonight.  You are going to track how I sleep.  I'm thinking I could predict these results, not very well but we will see and I will try my best.  I am going to keep track of my water intake tomorrow with you.  Thank you for joining my journey in life, fitbit flex.  I think this will be interesting.

5 comments:

  1. I love the structure of this slice. I feel like I'm eavesdropping on a conversation between you and your fitbit. Good luck. Am debating getting one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get the Flex. I purchased the Force a few weeks ago and it never worked, then I learned they recalled it. I've sent it back and as soon as I am reimbursed, I plan on purchasing the Flex. Love the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about getting a FitBit. If I had one today I'd be embarrassed to look at my results. The most exercise I got was doing my food shopping!

    Good luck on your fitness journey, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about getting a fitbit, but have been using my fitness pal to track my food. It is amazIng what I have learned about myself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to let me know how that goes. It sounds very interesting and much better than a traditional pedometer! :)

    ReplyDelete