Sunday, March 15, 2015

Slice of Life - An Important Message

Movies can have important messages and the new Cinderella version surprised me tonight with one.  Cinderella's mother asks her to alway have courage and show kindness to others.  The message was repeated throughout the movie at just the right moment and not repeated too much.  I'm still pondering over this idea.  Is this all we need to live day to day?  Each day takes courage no matter what our schedules looks like.  It takes courage to try.  It takes courage to go.  It takes courage to stay.  It takes courage to repeat.  I'm thinking showing kindness to others can be helpful and simple and I want to remember showing kindness can be small acts. 

I think I'm going to remember courage and showing kindness this week in my classroom.  I know my students will be showing courage as they take their first standardized test and might require a little bit more kindness from me.  May you have courage and show kindness this week too.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering and organizing this writing challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of comments about the strong message of the movie. I hope a lot of kids see it and take the message to heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courage and kindness, a winning combination for sure. I need to revisit Bernard Waber's book Courage. I love the examples he gives.

    ReplyDelete