Sunday, March 8, 2015

Slice of Life - This is Reality

It is Sunday night and my slice is reflecting on reality - 

I left work on Friday with great plans to get ahead this weekend.  I had two sick daughters at the end of the week with one home a day and a half with  my husband and the other one didn't make it softball practice which means really not feeling well.  We needed some family rest time Friday night and watched a new movie to all together.  

Saturday we had a good day, but a full day of little out and about adventures together and apart in smaller groups.

Sunday my youngest woke up like an eager beaver and wanted to spring clean her room.  Who can say no to motivation for a date with Murphy's Oil Soap, purging, rearranging, and a fresh start to welcome spring.  She studied a bit.  We took a trip to Target and got her a writer's notebook to join this Slice of Life writing challenge and wrote together in notebooks before bed.  Snack tonight was homemade ice cream with thin mint cookies.  Life is good.

Reality about school - I have tomorrow sketched out, not a week but enough to start my week.  I'm feeling really content with the time we spent together this weekend at home and the things we did focusing on being together.  Sometimes a balance tips to one side more than the other and tonight I'm thinking an uneven balance is more reality than an even balance.  Today I accept this is okay.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering and organizing this writing challenge.

2 comments:

  1. It is a balance, isn't it? I only have Monday sketched out too. Somehow, though, it will all work out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this reality, Mandy. I think we all struggle with the balance between home and school. I'm glad your family is feeling better and I think your day will go smoothly tomorrow because you are reenergized.

    ReplyDelete