Saturday, October 31, 2015

Celebrate this Week - Finding Joy


This week I celebrate it's finding joy for students and myself.

While reading an On Demand Narrative Piece I discovered Family Math is having a positive impact on students and families during a sister's birthday.  A win - win for everyone and my heart is full.  What we do matters.  Students are finding joy and choosing to do math for fun.  Learning should be fun.



"We got board of t.v. so we played my family math game!  It was very fun and I won. It felt like I was in card maineya!!!!!!!!"


Thank you to Ruth Ayers for fostering a community where celebrations are found and shared.  Reminding us of the joy in our daily lives, inside and outside our classrooms. 

9 comments:

  1. I may not ever look at the word "mania" the same again, Mandy. Very fun to see and hear about that "card maineya"! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card mania?!?! That's awesome!!! LOVE this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This writing is icing atop of that great learning cake you are developing in your class. Now that's the way to stretch out and spell a tricky word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the excitement in this student's writing! So fun. My 8yo has come home with a few math problems that the teacher wrote herself and she personalized them based on the students in the class and their interests. It was neat to see that. We've definitely had fun with math this year and it's great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pizazz in this child's writing! Card maineya! Gotta love that word. Making learning fun is something that matters. Congrats, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "What we do matters" and celebrate when things happen so we realize it! Lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so important to give homework that is good, healthy, and meaningful for families, especially in these hurried days - this post proves that you do so. Thank you for letting us peek in. xo

    ReplyDelete