Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jumping In...SOSL 8

Must dash to bed but I have been writing for over an hour as I composed a newsletter to my families about our journey with kidblog.org during our laptop time tomorrow.  I enjoy writing and explaining things to parents in hopes of helping them understand what we are doing, how to do something, or help with understand learning as it develops.  I've never used kidblog.org before.  I am excited to share and distribute our writing tomorrow beyond our classroom walls.  I am hoping to receive feedback from our families to help us grow as writers.  With my student's slightly wacky attendance plan, I will probably need parents to help students follow any comments they receive.  This is my introductory paragraph,


Dear Families,
I’m very excited to share with you a new digital tool we are using to produce and publish our writing.  Kidblog.org was explored today during our time with the building laptop computers.   A blog is defined as a website containing the writer’s or a group of writers’ own experiences and observations.  Kidblog was created by teachers with the intent to make blogging safe for elementary and middle school students.  Kidblog allows the teachers to monitor the publishing and commenting within our community. 

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love using KidBlog with my 5th graders! It has become a great tool for them to communicate with me and with each other as readers.
    After talking to Katie recently, I realized I would like to have them take more ownership of what happens on our KidBlog.
    Best of luck having your kiddos do their first of many more posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love it! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy,

    Just noticed you linked on the SOL page and not the Day 9 call for slices. Kindly go to http://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/slice-2012-9-of-31/ and link it there. (I'll delete your posting on the SOL page.)

    My best,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year has been my first using kid blog and I've loved it! Good luck - I'm sure your kids will love seeing their writing online!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love kidblog and can't wait to hear how it goes with your K's!

    ReplyDelete