Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Slice 2012 - 27 of 31 We did it again!

Could I do it?
Could they do it?
What would reading assessments look like for 22 more students?

Start with a possible worry.
Success.
Reading where I was hoping and expecting.
Success.
My insides start to bubble with joy.
Repeat.

So absolutely proud.
We are readers.

One student is new.
Speech is needed.
Small steps and help.

One student grown with letter and word knowledge.
Loves a pattern, not 1:1 so much.
Should look at text while reading.
Needs focus and help.

Big picture.
Success again.
Moving each child forward.
Way to go my kinder readers.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy back to school. Isn't it fun this time of year to think about how much they've grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't begin to imagine 44 reading assessments-but as I read this post I am yelling CONGRATS! What a wonderful accomplishment for you along with your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy~
    I enjoyed reading your poem, so clever! Congrats to your young readers and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for kinder readers! So glad the students are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete