Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Humor is the Best! {Slice of Life}


"Let me get some popcorn and watch this go down!"

I can't remember the details.  I wish I had written it down sooner.  I was talking with my youngest daughter trying to navigate something.  It was in the morning, after swim team practice and she didn't like my idea.  I think it was probably something with picking up her bedroom so it was reasonable.  It might have been to pick up something from the first floor but either way - it wasn't going as smoothly as I had hoped.  A simple yes would of been great but I got something better.

My middle daughter stating what she's thinking - "Let me get some popcorn and watch this go down!"  She burst into a belly laugh and we did too.  Once we stopped laughing, whatever needed to get done got done.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community.

2 comments:

  1. Laughter is such a gift. I love how everyone laughed and whatever needed to get done got done. I wish I could remember its power more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the tiniest slice, but it's so powerful in what it tells about you and your relationship with your daughters!

    ReplyDelete