Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Breakfast Conversation {Slice of Life}

Me: You shouldn't be watching videos after lights out.
Me:  Technology is a tool.
Me:  We need to work on balancing when and how you use it.
Me:  Be with people.
Me:  Look up information and then put it down.
Me:  I think we are going to take a break from it for a week over vacation.

Her:  I can do that but I might need it for the car ride.
Me:  Nope, not even on the car ride, you can do other things.

Her:  I get it!  It's not a lifestyle!

This is how our day started over breakfast.  I was using my calm voice with wait time for processing. She knew I wasn't thrilled she was on it when I checked in.  Some times I do still check in just to make sure she's settled in.  I think I'll look up the definition of lifestyle but in this quiet moment we both burst out laughing as she heard my words and began processing them. 

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community.


1 comment: