Friday, March 2, 2018

Fumbling...{2 of 31 SOLSC}


I've been fumbling here for a bit.  I had a full day.  I was busy at school and busy after school.  My ideas are bouncing around without any real thoughts behind the initial thought.  What's the difference?  Yesterday's writing was fun.  I gathered it via listening.  I captured it on paper with a pencil.  I reflected later in the day.  Today I did neither.  I'm trying to remember cute phrases she said while we visited the conservatory, visited a new diner, and then a new book store with an author visit and it's a jumble.  I think I've learned the benefits of using my notebook during the day, along the way.  It's a spot to hold my thoughts until I can embrace them with intention.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for not only bringing together a community of writers but inviting us to push the pencil daily and nudge our writerly life.

6 comments:

  1. Mandy,
    I had some similar feelings as I ended the day today...your post keeps the writerly life real. It reminds us of using tools to help capture the small moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My post was late and I was fumbling to find something to say. I had fallen asleep during a movie and realized I only had minutes to write and post. I have a little notebook I keep in my purse. Your post has made me realize I should be using it more - to hold thoughts - as you say. Thanks for your post. It has nudged my writerly life in a better direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with this too, sometimes I wish a software existed to save all the sentences I write inside my own head in a day. They are often lost minutes later, never to be recalled. I sometimes collect words in the notes in my phone when I can't get to a notebook - perhaps we need to invent an awesome writer's fanny pack? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This line: "It's a spot to hold my thoughts until I can embrace them with intention."
    Perfection!! The words, craft and meaning -- embrace them with intention.
    Love it - glad I found you this morning!!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find with the busyness that a notebook is essential! And so is listening! You’ve captured here the importance of both! Happy writing, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I always think I'm going to remember to really good nuggets, and I don't. Brain on overload, and lesson learned for all of us, Many. Happy slicing!

    ReplyDelete