Friday, January 17, 2020

Follow A Question {Poetry Friday}

I've jotted questions in my notebook and I've encouraged students to collect questions.  This week I learned about taking a questioning hike...it reminds me of the girls when they were younger and asked questions everywhere we went.  This week I'm reminded, "When we ask questions and write, we figure out what we think."



Will it snow
or just stay cold?

When it snows
the sun shines bright
turning gray to white.

White glistens
White sparkles

White brightens me inside and out.

© Mandy E Robek, 2020



This is the third idea in Poems are Teachers - How Studying Poetry Strengthens Writing in All Genres by Amy Ludwig Vanderwater.

Thank you Catherine at Reading to the Core for hosting Poetry Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Snow does make everything more special, doesn't it? It makes you look at things in a new way. We are still waiting for our first snow of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid we're stuck with grey for awhile! One thing that's helping me through our grey days is my new membership to the Cloud Appreciation Society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of taking a questioning hike. I'm always writing questions in my notebook, too. Sometimes the answers surprise me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this. And especially since we had snow last week. I love that you're trying out Amy's invitations in her book, Poems Are Teachers.
    These words make me happy!
    "White glistens
    White sparkles

    White brightens me inside and out."

    ReplyDelete