Sunday, July 11, 2021

Grow - Secrets of Our DNA by Nicola Davies {#bookaday}

Grow - Secrets of Our DNA by Nicola Davies is a fascinating book on a topic I wouldn't have thought about sharing with younger students. I love the way they think about our bodies growing. I love they way they write with natural acceptance we grow differently. I love the way the illustrations bring science to life. Ideas to think about as we learn about growing is how we survive in different place, some grow fast, some grow slow, and how much things grow. Growing is about change and then the concept is explained with concrete kid friendly text and illustrations. We have a genetic code and so do animals. I bet a science enthusiast in my classroom will just adore this text and want to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment