Tuesday, June 7, 2022

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? {#IMWAYR}


 This week I read - 

I'm a Neutrino Tiny Particles in a Big Universe by Dr. Eve M. Vavagiakis. A book I enjoyed and thought older students would enjoy with more questioning than my third graders would have.

Rain Before Rainbows by Smriti Prasadam-Halls is one of my favorite social emotional books that acknowledges the bumps in day to day life that brings us darkness and each morning is a chance to start again.

We Belong by Laura Purdie Salas is a book I'm adding to my list of books for the first week of school; delightful!

The Year We Learned to Fly by Jacqueline Woodson is a new to me folktale and I really enjoyed the back matter to help me understand the origin of the story.

We Were Never Here by Andrea Bartz was my first adult read of summer break and I loved getting lost in a story line that was easy and had me wondering if the characters get caught with two murders they were able to justify as defense.


I'm currently reading - 

Live in Grace Walk in Love by Bob Goff is my morning short passage read before starting my day.

When Stars Are Scattered by Victoria Jamieson is my first realistic fiction graphic novel and I'm intrigued with how realistic this is and eye opening it is for me about refugee camps.

How To Love the World Poems of Gratitude and Hope by James Crews is my short read before going to sleep.



Thank you Jen at Teach Mentor Texts for co-hosting this event with Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers.




No comments:

Post a Comment