What an exciting day today is! The number of participants surpasses our hopes. We are thrilled so many educators are using picture books in their classrooms and even more thrilled they are willing to share their favorites to help others. Our profession is hard work and it's our hope that our #pb10for10 sharing helps lighten the load for each of you in some small way. There are a lot of blog posts to read and check out. Remember to post within our community to help others find you but also give twitter a big shout out with your post and our hashtag. With this many participants wouldn't it be great to have a positive teacher event be twitter trendy?!
Please consider commenting on 10 different lists over the next week. It's so helpful as writers to receive feedback and showing appreciation fills your own bucket in life.
PS - My post will be coming later. August 10th is filled to the brim with goodness; chapter writing deadline date, first day back as a teacher work day and then meet my new students, National Kidney Services pick up for my donations from my summer purging, and then a moment or two to breathe.
- Contact Us: Contact us on our blogs, on Twitter (@mandyrobek or @cathymere), or by e-mail to let us know you are joining this event. This way we can try to be sure we don't miss anyone on the day of the event.
- Grab a Badge: Add the Picture Book 10 for 10 Badge to your blog.
- Choose your favorites: All you need to do is choose ten picture books you CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT for whatever reason. Believe me, that's not as easy as it sounds. Here are some tips that might help (Choosing Picture Books and More About Choosing Picture Books).
- Write Your August 10th Post: Write a post telling us about the 10 books you cannot live without. Share your post on August 10th and link it to our Google Plus Community, on the page for 2015.
- No Blog? No Problem: If you don't have a blog this might be the perfect time to start one --- or you can find alternate ways to participate here. Cathy and I are not huge rule followers so feel free to adjust as needed.
- Enjoy August 10th: It's such a fun day to be in the blogging/twitter world! We feel fortunate to have so many friends new and old join us and share some book love. This is our 6th year and each year we aren't the only ones reserving lots of library books and/or increasing our personal book budgets!