Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Essentials {15 of 31}

As I entered the building, there was an eerie feeling.  Things were shifting and going to be different.  It felt a bit like packing a hospital bag for each pregnancy.  I had a list, what are the essentials they each needed.  I don't want to overwhelm anyone.  I want to give just enough to maintain and make it engaging.  I had planned a balance of technology focusing on connecting with me and each other and real books and connecting at home.  I had planned familiar things and things they could do independently after a little guidance.  I started making stacks around the room for their pick up on Monday; family math folder with three games, reader's notebook for writing about reading, writer's notebook for collecting ideas, three blank booklets for stories, a book stack if parents replied with a request list.  As I closed the door, I felt prepared and feeling prepared helps calm the what's next.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community and offering this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment