Friday, July 2, 2021

Poetree by Shauna LaVoy Reynolds {#bookaday}

I'm so happy I just discovered Poetree by Shauna LaVoy Reynolds and wish I had when I was spending time with students. I clearly see us publishing poems and creating our own poetree for the community to enjoy! 

Sylvia writes a poem about spring arriving and hangs it on a birch tree. The next morning her poem is gone and another one is in its place. She assumes the tree wrote poetry back to her. In school Sylvia can only think about her poem and gets really excited when the teacher teaches them about haiku poetry. She begins thinking about rhymes and sees poetry everywhere. She writes more poetry on the sidewalk, leaves another one on the tree, and then Walt a classmate shows up at the tree. I'm going to leave you here and hope you get the book to discover the ending for yourself.

Laura Shovan is hosting Poetry Friday this week.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a wonderful book! Thank you for featuring it today. I'm off to find out more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely book. I'd love to read it. I love the idea of a poetry-tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, what a sweet book. Of course, the title is precious and it sounds like a great story to go with it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Mandy, sounds like a fruitful "Poetree" book!

    ReplyDelete