Monday, June 19, 2023

It's Monday, What are you reading? {#IMWAYR}


It's Monday, What are you reading? and my answer is The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. I found this one during the spring at my favorite independent book store; The Book Loft right here in German Village, OH. If you are able to attend NCTE this year it is just down the road.

I'm about a quarter of the way through this book and am feeling less frustrated. The beginning had a rhythm and then I felt lost. I'm still not sure if there was a change in time with a flashback. I did some rereading and couldn't quite figure out what was causing my comprehension confusion. 

I decided to keep going and I think my understanding is back on track and the story is moving forward. 

I read three professional books while traveling last week and have to work hard to keep reading adult for fun books. I also find it hard to stick with a book I'm a little uncertain about when two from the public library are waiting to be read and let's not discuss my TBR pile.

                    Thank you Jen at Teach Mentor Texts for co-hosting this event 

with Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers.

4 comments:

  1. I understand your problem & every Monday we all learn about more! I have The Little Paris Bookshop & still haven't made time to read it, but I will! Thanks, Mandy, for the heads up about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always surprised when I stumble upon a book with sections I literally can't comprehend—I'm sort of like, how was this not caught during editing? So I'm sorry that happened with The Little Paris Bookshop, but it's awesome that you gave it another shot and feel like you're back on track. Working on balancing professional development with reading for fun is definitely a great goal, since both are valuable! Thanks so much for sharing, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait until NCTE just so I can explore the area! I'm all about picture books again right now, as I prepare for a new fall semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I do have book blackouts too. It's always frustrating when that happens.

    ReplyDelete