Monday, June 12, 2023

It's Monday, What are you Reading? {#IMWRYR}


It's Monday, What are you reading? and my answer is Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus. My oldest daughter gifted me this book for Mother's Day this year after she got to see her at Boulder Bookstore in CO. I have gifted her books her whole life and it was so nice to hear her excitement on the phone about see Bonnie in person. 

She had already read the book and said it was one of her favorites of all time. She wrote a love note inside the front cover and I keep reading the book from the lens of making connections to the text and how she decided on the words for her small love note. 

I'm just about a third of the way through the book and the first big surprise just happened. I'm intrigued by the characters and wonder what's next.

My favorite line so far was is on p6.

"We both know food is the catalyst that unlocks our brains, binds our families and determines the future."


No comments:

Post a Comment