Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Central Ohio Bloggers Gather

Yesterday the Central Ohio Bloggers gathered to celebrate and chat about books, but in particular the winners that were announced from the Association for Library Service to Children awards. The winners can all be found here incase you somehow missed it.

I couldn't join the group for breakfast with it being Martin Luther King Jr. Day because I was blessed to have a day with my three girls. However, I didn't want to miss seeing this group of professionals and friends for a bit of time so the girls and I stopped by Cover to Cover on our way for a day of excursions. This group helps me grow professionally, inspires me, and we share an interest in books. This group gave me the nudge needed to start my own blog and I thank them for that. I also wanted to stop by yesterday because I've followed Mary Lee Hahn through her blog and her book, Reconsidering Read Aloud but hadn't actually met her yet. While I was busy juggling the shopping of my six year old and didn't actually talk with Mary Lee but a hello, I can say I've been in the same room with her and have had my photo taken with a great thinker in education. She is just so cute! (as are the rest of my blogging group).

Wherever you may be, I hope you are able to find friends and colleagues who enrich your life and enjoy talking about things you do.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you could make it! This was the first time I had join this group. I feel the same way...I love talking books and kids with such a talented, smart group.

    ReplyDelete