Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tools

Tools by Taro Miura is a book I discovered while looking for books with labels.  The book has a two page spread with a collection of tools, each with a label.  The two pages that follow identify the profession that would use these tools with an illustration of a person using them.  Some professions are easy to figure out while others might be challenging for my students.  I think they will enjoy trying to figure out who might use each collection of tools.  Here's one example from the text - open-end wrench, adjustable wrench, slotted screwdriver, nut, washer, bolt, and pliers...mechanic.  What I love about this page is the mechanic is working on a moped, scooter and not a car or a truck.  A few other interesting professions are tailor, electrician, watch maker, and barber.  The illustrations are simple and done in monochromatic earth tone colors which I find very pleasing.  I think this book is a must have for any primary room.

1 comment:

  1. Mandy, I always love reading your book recommendations! I'm going to recommend this book to my friend who has a kindergartner who loves tools and loves to think! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete