Friday, February 25, 2011

Dublin Literacy Conference 2011

I can't wait for tomorrow.  It's my annual journey for professional growth at the Dublin Literacy Conference.  I feel so blessed to live close enough to take advantange of this great learning opportunity.  Each year I see friends who live nearby, I get to make and meet new friends and I always walk away refreshed in the February crunch where winter won't go away and parent teacher conferences are in full swing.

This year I submitted a proposal to present and it was accepted.  When I got the brochure for the conference I saw the amazing group of people presenting that day and couldn't narrow my own choices down to who I would see.  The gracious planning committee let me know the sign up for my session was small and gave me the option to cancel and still attend.  What nice people.  In return I would still like to share my collection of picture books with anyone who was planning on coming or those who are interested.

I've rediscovered my love for picture books in teaching mathematics. 

Here is my power point sharing why children's literature is perfect for mathematics.

Here is my collection - Something Old, Something New I've Got a Book for You

This is my first time using Google Docs, I hope it's all there for you to view.
Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so disappointed you won't be presenting tomorrow. I was really looking forward to hearing what you had to say. Thank you for uploading your presentations, I will be checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, It's so nice to know you were going to come. If after you view the presentations and book list you have any questions, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. We were looking forward to listening to your session yesterday so I appreciate being able to view your thinking here. I'd love to see your classroom library sometime. It must be an amazing collection of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy,

    I am sorry I didn't get to catch up with you yesterday. I, too, sat in the PAC wishing that my children could have Kelly as a high school English teacher. I am glad that you enjoyed your day!

    Thanks for sharing your slide show.

    I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete