Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Join Us - August 10 for 10 Picture Book Event

Last night while I was watching my youngest play softball I got a tweet from Cathy, at Reflect and Refine: Building a Learning Community reminding me that tomorrow, now today is July 10th.  It's not my birthday, it's not my anniversary but it is an exciting date in my blogging world.  It is the day Cathy and I would like to invite you to join us for August 10 for 10 Picture Book event.  This event all began when Cathy and I connected as friends and she began wondering what my must have books were to use in my classroom.  You can find my original post and thinking explaining how it all got started here.

If you have joined us before please consider joining us again.  If you are new to this event, please consider joining us.  It's really easy!  Pick 10 books, just 10 picture books you can't live without.  Books you think each and everyone of us need to be able to get our hands on.  We support each other by sharing our thinking and reasons for selecting these books.  Over time, it has been very interesting to see the spin participants put on their list of 10 picture books.  I personally keep tweaking my list each year and this is how I do it.  I look over last years list of books and decide which ones I truly still can't live without.  Then I think about books I have used this past year that might make my list.  I like keeping something old and adding something new.  I must worn you, it is often reported library wishlist and bookstore shopping carts get more titles added as we learn from each other.  We all need a little help from our friends.

Contact us on our blogs, or Twitter (@mandyrobek or @cathymere), or by e-mail to let us know you are joining this event.  On the day of the event - August 10th - we will be linking all the "must have" posts.  In the  past, we or I should say Cathy creates a Jog the Web.  I can't wait to have you join us!

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait!! I'll be touching every single picture book in my new classroom as I get things set up, so that will be perfect for picking a new set of 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...I like the "we". Looking forward to joining you once again for this event. I think you should have been honest with your readers --- it is nearly impossible to narrow to ten. ;o) Can't' wait. This is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful sharing event! I would love to join! I have been making a list since your initial posting.
    Thanks for a great way to share ideas, books, and make new connections.
    Thanks.
    Deb K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be a part of this. Am a lover of picture books and would LOVE to hear what everyone else has to share. It's always great to connect with others...

    Thanks for this,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be a part of this. You know I always love to nerd out with great picture books and connect with teachers!

    Thanks for doing this,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to take part!! I love picture books!! Anje N.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really would love to take part again! And this year I have my own blog...which I have neglected...so it's a great way to get back into blogging for the school year to come. Thanks @DebraRosenquist

    ReplyDelete