Monday, January 7, 2013

OLW - My Word Means


From Google Images


My word for the year is create.  I found this simple definition that is just perfect for me.  As a verb, create means to develop in mind or physically.  That is exactly what I want to do.  I want to develop my mind further and my body further, which I think will create my soul.  

I am not currently taking Ali Edwards One Little Word Workshop at Big Picture Scrapbooking because the honest to goodness truth is for the last two years I have signed up, started, and not quite finished.  The wonderful thing about Big Picture Scrapbooking is I have access to all my course materials at any time.  So, this year I am revisiting it each month and picking the writing prompt I want to work with.

The first step is to get to know my word more.  Using a thesaurus I found synonyms and picked the ones that would guide my journey this year.  I found author, construct, design, compose, make, shape, form, conceive, plan, produce, parent, start, concoct, discover, invest, initiate, generate, perform, bring to existence, set, and actualize.  I love this collection of words.  Create feels just right to me this year.  I find peace within me comes from making things.  I feel balance when I can do different things within a day.  I have lots of ideas and lots of things started.  I need to see things finished for peace.  Thank you for joining me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment