Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Spy Pets, just published.

I'm so excited to share  I Spy Pets by Edward Gibbs was waiting for me today when I got home from school.  I love when I pre-order a book and then forget I pre-ordered it and it comes in the mail.  It feels like a surprise birthday gift.  This past April I discovered Edward Gibbs and immediately ordered all his books in the I Spy series.

I Spy Pets has the same format as other books in this series.  On the left side of each two page spread there is a circle with the eyeball of a pet animal and the phrase, "I spy with my little eye..."  On the right side of the two page spread is a cut away circle shaded the color of the animal.  The text includes a body covering clue and something the animal likes to do.  The reader would make their guess, turn the page and find a delightful illustration.  The animal covers the two pages, so it is large.  The illustrations were done digitally but I would of thought with pen and black sharpie to outline the details.  We do this a lot in my room so it would be a great mentor text for this medium.  I'd have no clue how to create these digitally.  Each animal states, "I'm a ..."  


I think the clues about body coverings makes this book a bit tricky to figure out than the earlier books.  I know this will become another huge hit in our classroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment