Monday, August 4, 2014

Launching Math Monday!


I'm so excited to share with you my idea to host Math Monday.  I love the teaching of math!  I love to spot math in my life, spark interest and curiosity with numbers and other areas of mathematics.  I love planning math instruction and watch students learn to struggle and think through problems.  I've wished for quite some time there was more math discussion and conversations in the twitter/blogging world.  It's getting better and there seems to be momentum brewing so let's take it a step further with a chance to blog and talk more about math within our online community.  

It is my hope Math Monday will be a place to share ideas, connect with others, and celebrate anything math related.  Here are some ideas of what could be shared on Math Monday.

-A great picture book or chapter book with math ideas in it. 
-A picture book or chapter book to launch a problem solving situation.  
-A professional resource you've just read.
-A math manipulative you love or don't love.
-Digital math resources.
-A "Math in my World" picture
-A celebration involving math teaching
-A reflection on something that didn't go as well
-A plea for help in understanding a math concept
-Ideas for bringing math into your classroom
-Ideas for organizing math tools or workshops
-Student work
-Anything is possible!

I hope you will consider stopping by weekly or once in a while to help create a community fostering mathematics and supporting each other with the hard work we do, called teaching.  I need your help to build this community.  Please consider joining next week or in the future and spread the news that teachers of math have a place to come together and connect.  Math Monday is just starting with so many possibilities!






3 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to Math Monday! I've had the same wish. Thank you for getting it started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm excited that you have started this idea. Still thinking about visual math literacy.

    ReplyDelete