Thursday, March 12, 2015

Slice of Life - She Believes

Energy.
Excitement.
Uncertainty.
Unsure.
Conversations.
Guiding.
Probing.
Suggesting.
Trust.
Faith.




My friend has invited me to participate in a writing project this summer and I am honored.  While we met tonight over some unsweetened ice tea she kept smiling, and I babbled and my hands started moving while talking which is a sign there is a lot going on in my brain.  She kept calmly pointing out a pattern will emerge and you will have an idea or two from there.  The writing ahead of me will require lots of writing about a journey and capturing observations and thinking in my head.  I'm excited to live more of a writerly life and for now, just knowing my friend believes in me gives me the courage to try a bigger project than usual.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering and organizing this writing challenge.

2 comments:

  1. That is true. A pattern will emerge. You just start writing and then weed out the chaff to see your pattern. You do need to trust and have faith that it WILL be there! Hope you are still slicing this summer on Tuesdays and we can hear more about how the writing project went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, I am honored that you are willing to take this journey with me. As I listened to you talk, I kept thinking how lucky I was to have someone who is passionate and reflective about her teaching. This is going to be such a great learning experience for all of us.

    ReplyDelete