- Contact Us: Contact us on our blogs, on Twitter (@mandyrobek or @cathymere), or by e-mail to let us know you are joining this event. This way we can try to be sure we don't miss anyone on the day of the event.
- Grab a Badge: Add the Picture Book 10 for 10 Badge to your blog.
- Choose your favorites: All you need to do is choose ten picture books you CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT for whatever reason. Believe me, that's not as easy as it sounds. Here are some tips that might help (Choosing Picture Books and More About Choosing Picture Books).
- Write Your August 10th Post: Write a post telling us about the 10 books you cannot live without. Share your post on August 10th and link it to our Google Plus Community, on the page for 2015.
- No Blog? No Problem: If you don't have a blog this might be the perfect time to start one --- or you can find alternate ways to participate here. Cathy and I are not huge rule followers so feel free to adjust as needed.
- Enjoy August 10th: It's such a fun day to be in the blogging/twitter world! We feel fortunate to have so many friends new and old join us and share some book love. This is our 6th year and each year we aren't the only ones reserving lots of library books and/or increasing our personal book budgets!
Pass the news along to all your crazy picture book friends. Educators, media specialists, parents, book enthusiasts are all welcome! The more the merrier, we are currently at 159 members!
Cathy and I are honored and humbled to have old friends and new friends joining us. Picture books are enjoyable and full of instructional value. Thank you for making them part of your life and our day on August 10, 2015!