Saturday, October 17, 2015

Celebrate This Week - Spaces


This week I celebrate spaces.  

I've been pondering this post for a few weeks and thought I would celebrate the various spaces in my life and how beautiful each one is as I wander in and out of each.  None of these spaces get equal time and sometimes they are neglected.  When I think about spaces being neglected, I realized that spaces don't mind a little neglect and they often call you back.  Spaces are forgiving and spaces are inviting.  Spaces can be overwhelming but spaces are comfortable with little steps.  

This week I particularly celebrate this space.

This space has been neglected.  This space has called me back.  This space is inviting me to write and share again.  This space is encouraging me to connect.  This space is willing to take little steps and be active again.  This space encourages rest amongst my busy days as I write and reflect.  This space doesn't need a plan.  This space doesn't need a schedule.  This space is happy I'll be writing again.

Thank you to Ruth Ayers for fostering a community where celebrations are found and shared.  Reminding us of the joy in our daily lives, inside and outside our classrooms. 

3 comments:

  1. This post is so heartfelt and filled with wisdom. I can't wait to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This community has missed you! Can't wait to hear what you've been up to in your classroom! I miss Math Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of spaces…. you have left me thinking. Thank you
    Clare

    ReplyDelete