Sunday, March 5, 2017

Top Secret Project {Slice of Life Story Challenge}


Epilogue - My friend Julie wrote about stories and not able to share those that aren't her own.  At first, I thought she's become part of these stories in some way and maybe she could share those but I find myself in a situation where I am part of a story and it's much of my days right now but it's not my story to share.  However, I can share a snippet of my coping.  I now understand why some stories aren't ours to share.

I spent my morning working on a top secret project.  It's only a top secret to one out of the five of us.  Dip, brush, and repeat.  Cheer on my girl who dips and rolls.  Color emerges and I see hope.  I wish for hope and new starts.  Part of my hope involves looking for things to promote new starts.  I start making a list.  While none of this buries my sadness, it keeps me busy and hopeful the top secret project will help our one not in the loop.

Prologue - I hope to share my top secret project later this month.  I've also thought while this story isn't mine to share here, I can record this story in a notebook because its part of our journey as a family and a new beginning for one of us.  Please know this is not a medical change and I appreciate being able to share just this little tidbit, a small slice of something bigger and know this community will respect that.  

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for organizing the Slice of Life Story Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I am intrigued! Nice mystery you are developing and interesting point, some stories are not ours to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that you can still record the story even if you can't share it.

    ReplyDelete