Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Squeals for a Blizzard? {7 of 31 SOLSC}


I walked my students out to recess and the day had turned to your normal, dreary gray day here in the Midwest.  I busy myself with small errands for approximately 15 minutes.  As I come down the hallway towards the recess door there's a class already coming in and they seen to be in a bit of a hurry.  I round the corner and see lots of snowflakes swirling around in the sky.  The movement of the  snowflakes looked like a ballroom dance floor.  As I opened the door to go outside I was met with lots of second graders squealing.  Then I realized they were all a chatter because, "it's a blizzard."  After I rationalized why it wasn't a blizzard and how the snow won't be sticking, I felt sad.  The last blizzard in Ohio was in 1978.  I didn't leave here then but Google did!  

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for not only bringing together a community of writers but inviting us to push the pencil daily and nudge our writerly life.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your students had fun, even if the snow didn't stick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowflakes looked like a ballroom dance floor, loved the picture you drew in my mind. We had a few of those dancing here a couple of days ago, but no one stayed for another dance. No blizzard for you! (said in a soup Nazi voice) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to be able to witness the sheer joy and excitement. That's the real gift of spending your days with children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love second graders excitement at the promise of a blizzard. There's something of a kid in all of us that get excited about it

    ReplyDelete