Saturday, March 10, 2018

While Walking {10 of 31 SOLSC}


The sun was out.  The sky was blue.  The air was chilly and walking was what we did while we waited for an appointment today.  It was in an area of town we don't often visit.  New places make you stop and notice things differently.  I noticed some buds on a tree.  There were patches of green grass brightening up.  The playground looked ready for action.  There were a few people waiting for things outside bundled up soaking in the sunshine, just like us.  Then I spotted my first patch of daffodil blooms.  They were miniature in size which increased their cuteness.  This patch felt like a celebration of hope, spring, and fresh starts.  I regret not taking a picture but will be back to this location soon and will stop and capture those celebrations.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for not only bringing together a community of writers but inviting us to push the pencil daily and nudge our writerly life.

5 comments:

  1. I really like your line, "The playground looked ready for action." That goes with the mood of newness so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading about your walk. The patches of grass, the buds on the trees, and the daffodils - I can't wait to see them here. Still snow around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beginning of short sentences followed by the longer one. Yes, we do notice more when it is out of our normal. Daffodils just make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daffodils are so close - I can't wait! Glad you got to see some today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this line: This patch felt like a celebration of hope, spring, and fresh starts. I am obsessed with daffodils. I have vase of daffodils in every room on my first floor. I buy them closed and get them opening so I can replace them as they die and never have a time without them in bloom. Kind of my thing for March!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete