Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Literally Lighter {Slice of Life}


Last night I realized, my one little word is going in a direction I didn't plan.  My hand is holding a paint roller and going up and down.  I change directions left and right; usually at an angle.  I'm brightening the white that was previously below the dining room chair rail.  I give the baseboard and the chair rail a coat of brightening white too.  Over the weekend my husband and daughter took the just right shade of red for twenty years and made it North Star.  


My one little word is light.  I'm physically embracing that as we repaint the entire first floor; one room at a time.  I think light has bigger plans for me and if I look for them I'm going to learn and feel more this year.

As I finished painting, I wanted to know what North Star meant.  Maybe my paint color choices have more guidance.  North Star is also referred to as Polaris; the star the entire northern sky circles around.  It's not the brightest star which is often assumed.  It's the 50th brightest star.  I hope my one little word lets me circle around it and find new meanings/guidance all year.  One can easily find the North Star and maybe that's why I made the connection between painting our home lighter and my one little word light.  

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering the Slice of Life writing community.

3 comments:

  1. Fun! Who knows what other connections you will notice.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see where it guides you -- nothing like physically making changes to point you in the direction you are hoping to go. Looking forward to walks this weekend with you.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  3. When a word is selected, it seems to pop in and out of life in the most unexpected ways. Keep moving towards the light! :-)

    ReplyDelete