Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Bedrest Morning Routine {19 of 31 Slice of Life}

Each morning I get up and shower.  The hot water feels good and I find it relaxing.  Then I remember I'm on bedrest.   I don't even look at my closet that I just revamped.  I go for comfort and ease.  I've found a rhythm; exercise leggings, sports bra, and a long sleeve shirt with a pair of socks.  I brush my teeth, wash my face, add some  face serum to help with all things the oldest daughter said it would, and pull my hair back to air dry.  This morning I found myself looking for my "bedrest uniform" and giggling.  It's perfect for lounging, napping, doing small tasks and lounging some more.  It feels good to get out of pajamas that are thrown in the laundry each night to get rid of sick germs.  I just hope when I get back in action I remember I have other clothes out there to wear.  

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community.

9 comments:

  1. I was disturbed to read this, hoping your illness is not serious and that you will be on to a new routine soon. I do know what you mean, though. Last year when I was recovering from knee surgery there was a certain routine and "uniform." But I found that it helped to shower and dress every day, even if I wasn't going anywhere. Healing thoughts coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely hard to go back to real clothes!! Continued hopeful thoughts to get better. (I'm still sick too :( )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leggings and a long sleeve shirt sounds like a great uniform to me! I hope you have a speedy recovery from whatever has put you on bedrest. In the meantime, enjoy the lounging. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you are embracing the small joy of bedrest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the reason that I get frustrated in March. I didn't realize you were ill since it's taken me until today to read your blog. While I like that you're embracing your new routine, it is my sincere hope that you're going to be on the mend sooner rather than later. (If there's a post I should read for more info, PLEASE mail it to me.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to do back and read your other posts to figure out what was going on. Feel better soon! It sounds like people are helping out and making sure you do nothing but rest and eat chicken soup, and I bet you're ready to be done with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, I hope you heal soon! I remember being on bedrest when I was pregnant with twins, and the routine was the most important part of my day. You've got the uniform down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slow down. Take time. All will be well. In the meantime, keep writing these amazing slices. Sickness is working for you ! Hpoe you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are embracing this "take care of myself" routine. The flu is nothing to sneeze at. You don't want to rush it and then relapse later. Sending healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete