I was very worried about you here in July. I wondered if you would return from the beautiful sites I saw on Instagram and I did notice you weren't sharing any book titles. Which makes me wonder if your list this year will have anything new on it. I hope our participants realize their list doesn't have to completely change each year. Mine doesn't always. This is a challenging day and event for me. It started with you wondering my ten must have books. How is this even feasible with so many wonderful books published each year? We both enjoy reading and buying books. I do think you are better about using our public library and I've been trying to do that more and more. Maybe my list will have to be books I actually own. Maybe my list will be my all time favorites with a title or two swapped out. Maybe my list will be about repetition or emotions. I have ten more days to make a decision, thank goodness.
Want to join the conversation?
Here's how you can participate:
- Grab a Badge (just copy the URL address of the one above or take a screenshot)
- Choose Your Favorites: All you need to do is choose ten picture books you cannot live without for whatever reason. In the first days of this event, everyone shared their ten very favorite titles. This still works. You will notice, however, that many past participants choose some type of theme or thread to connect their selections. We'll leave this up to you.
- Narrow Your List to Ten: It isn't easy, is it? We've seen some crafty ways to get around that number.
- Write Your August 10th Post: Write a post about the ten books you cannot live without. Share the link to your collection here, at Reflect and Refine, on August 10th.
- No Blog? No Problem: If you don't have a blog, this might be the perfect time to start one --- or there are a million digital ways to join. You could post from a Google page, create a S'more, share in Twitter (and copy the Tweet link), or any other creative idea you may be considering. We will also be tweeting from the #pb10for10 hashtag.
- Comment: On August 10th (and maybe for a week --- there are a lot of posts) take some time to read posts from other participants. Please comment on at least three.