Tuesday, October 15, 2019

We heard you are sick...{Slice of Life}

My second appointment for the evening arrived and had a little insulated lunch box with them.  I greet them at the door with a barely a raspy voice and forced smiled.  They began to sit down and said, "We heard you are sick and had to get you some vitamin water with Vitamin C."  The mom pulled out a bottle of water and vitamin water.  I asked her about going to the store in between her own teaching day and coming to see me and she said, "Of course, M is worried about you and we always bring water to our teachers - I know how long tonight can be."  I wasn't feeling well at all and really appreciated the kind gesture.  The day had been long.  I felt worst as the day went on and just wanted to make it through eight parent teacher conferences before heading to bed.  Drinking my vitamin water gave me something to focus on while I continued parent teacher conferences and hope I would feel better.  It was so nice to be thought of with something so simple.  

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community.

3 comments:

  1. Kindness goes such a long way .. how come the world always has to re-learn this? Hope you are even better now
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a small and dear thing to do! I know that your conferences went all the better, with that water in hand. Hope you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so nice! Maybe someone in this community will read this and bring a teacher a bottle of water. I love that idea! Hope you felt better!

    ReplyDelete