Monday, March 9, 2020

Early Morning Sounds...{8 of 31 Slice of Life}

I throw on a pair of sweat pants.  Drink my warm water with lemon and grab the dog leash.  My faithful friend is eager to stretch out from her crate and greet me.  She loves an early morning walk and we head to the garage.  As the door lifts, I realize it's darker than usual.  I then remember day light savings is here and last evening the sunset was delightful an hour later.  The temperature is a bit warmer and we start our journey.  As we turn left from our cup-de-sac I start hearing new sounds in the distance.  At first, I thought it was a pair of birds chirping to each other.  Then I listen in and the trills and chirps were two different octaves and vocal patterns.  I decide it's two pairs of birds across the street or the sidewalk just talking to the other one of the pair.  Then I wondered if different birds understand each other and if it would feel like different languages for humans.  Maybe I just passed through a bird neighborhood and it's early risers.  The rest of our journey is quieter and we soak in the quiet until there's a squirrel in the shadows off in the distance.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community and offering this challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment