Thursday, March 5, 2020

Four times a year he asks... {5 of 31 Slice of Life}

I've been teaching for quite some time.  Four times a year I have parent teacher conference nights.  I feel like with each parent teacher conference season we've developed a tradition.  It's a short exchange and each time I know it's coming I'm still a bit surprised he asks.  It's always the same answer.

Him - "Will there be food for you?"
Him - "You can't go til 9:00pm without food."
Me - "Yes, there will be food.  The PTO is bringing in dinner."

or depending on the season or reason

Me - "I'll run out because I'm doing them on another night."
Him - "I can bring you something, if you want."
Me - "No, I've got it.

I'm not sure why this tradition has developed and it feels odd at times and then I stop and realize it's' nice to be thought of because it is a long day into night.  

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community and offering this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment