Monday, June 28, 2021

Saving Winslow by Sharon Creech {#bookaday}


I understand why students sometimes pick a book by it's cover. I did this with today's #bookaday. Here was my thought process in picking this book. Saving Winslow is an intriguing title. The author is Sharon Creech and she was my oldest daughter's favorite author at the end of elementary school. Then I questioned the illustration, is that a donkey on the front cover? Is Winslow a donkey that needs saving? I was hooked.

Saving Winslow by Sharon Creech was heart warming and Winslow is a donkey born prematurely and his mother passes away. Yes, Winslow is an underdog who wins the hearts of everyone who is in contact with him...eventually. Louis is determined to help Winslow survive.  Winslow helps several characters without the character knowing it. I also loved the chapters were short and the titles would be great to discuss as a class. 



No comments:

Post a Comment