"The greatest step to a life of simplicity is to learn to let go." - Steve Maraboli
Such perfect timing as I transition into a summer schedule.
In just the first couple of weeks I'm letting go of...
1. The ideas of summers past I had three girls to take care of.
2. The idea of summers past when my schedule was filled by others.
3. The idea of summers past when I didn't schedule anything related to teaching.
4. The idea that I'm needed at home if daughters are home.
5. The idea of letting go of the work pace and schedule.
By letting go of these few things I'm embracing...
1. 6am yoga, yes I know that's early.
2. Volunteering at our local zoo which is a bike ride away.
3. Enjoying my backyard space with gardening and laying in the hammock with a book.
4. Fabulous professional development opportunities and connecting with friends.
5. Creating - finding the joy in making things.
I always find the transition from school to one that takes time and needs grace. I'm navigating a new feel to summer and the mantra - it's all good helps when I miss the days of our younger family.
Explore & consider joining the SOS: Sharing Our Stories Magic in a Blog community.