Friday, March 13, 2020

Buckle Up....{13 of 31 Slice of Life}

School backpack on my shoulder, yoga change of clothes backpack on the other shoulder, tote bag on the same shoulder, lunch box in my hand with a crate housing a math project that I could work on at home during our shut down is a juggling act as I reach my super sized sports car (aka mini van).  Earlier in the day my high schooler stopped by and brought out my classroom plants to the van.  I see some greenery through the windows.  All day I felt I was juggling things in the air and rotating through different things that needed to be done.  It was a productive day without students and as I reached the van I was willing to drop all the balls and things in my hand.  I open the van door and laugh out loud; all alone in the parking lot.  I stop and smile.  The humor of high schoolers can be simple and funny.  I pause and wonder did they do this because they cared?  My yellow crate filled with plants was safety belted in to the seat for their ride home.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community and offering this challenge.


1 comment:

  1. Love that you called the van a super-sized sports car :-). I've been thinking about you when I heard Ohio closed all schools. I can't even imagine what this will be like for so many students, teachers, and parents. Keep writing, I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete