Monday, July 3, 2023

You are Only Just Beginning by Morgan Harper Nichols #{IMWAYR}


It's Monday, What are you reading? and my answer 
You Are Only Just Beginning by Morgan Harper Nichols because it to me last week.st read.

The book is beautiful. I was participating in a writing retreat and we jigsawed our introduction to the book. I read the last section - Reintegrating with Where You've Come From, Lessons from Butterflies. Each section of the book starts with a page that begins with What We Learn From followed by a collection of poem with uplifting illustrations. Each section ends with a list - a list of signs based on the reading and poetry just read. 

I usually consider poetry a slow red for me and have it on my what can I read for a short amount of time list and fill my bucket. I came home and poured through the first two sections; Beginning a New Adventure; Lessons from Sunlight and Finding Your People; Lessons from Elephants. 

It's been raining here a lot lately and I'm hoping for one more rainstorm tonight so I can grab a cup of tea and this gem of a book. Her website is filled with so much information about her and places her work is. She has a podcast, a storyteller app, and much more.


                Thank you Jen at Teach Mentor Texts for co-hosting this event

                            with Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment