Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Earth Book

Today we had a stay-cation spring break adventure to Franklin Park Conservatory here in Columbus, Ohio. There's something about having it rain outside while being surrounded by gorgeous plants from different habitats and watching butterflies flutter by. This is where I found another Todd Parr book, The EARTH Book. The first page cried, take me home...

"I take care of the earth because I know I can do little things every day to make a BIG difference." That's an important message for students, children. A message about doing little things, little things do make a difference. The book then follows with a pair of simple things that can easily be done by anyone and then an explanation of why we would do these things and the impact they would have on something in our environment. For example, "I take the school bus and ride my bike because I love the stars and I want the air to be clear so I can see them sparkle." The book even comes with your very own green poster that can be torn out. This is perfect for all ages with written text and picture clues.

The book is full of the vibrant illustrations you have come to expect from Todd Parr and I was glad to see the book was printed with recycled materials and used nontoxic soy inks. I'm going to add this, along with a previous post 10 Things I Can do to Help Save My World, to my Earth Day collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment