Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year and One Little Word

Photo via Flicker & Cangaroojack

Happy New Year 2012 and I wanted to share with you my One Little Word for 2012.  Instead of creating a New Years Resolution and always wanting to have many I've chosen to participate in the One Little Word project and ideas from scrapbooker/storyteller Ali Edwards.  The past four years I have chosen enjoy, aware, nuture, and discover.  They have helped me do a lot of thinking as the year begins and as life gets back to normal I try my best to continue thinking about them.  This year as I thought about my previous choices I don't know if I really feel any constant follow through.  I'm great at creating plans and organizing things.  Little truth be known my family makes jokes all the time about my "overuse" of the alphabet system.  However, I still haven't run my 5K.  I dabble in lots of things so I went searching for a word that would maybe be more present, causing a difference in my life.

I am welcoming the word - CHANGE for 2012.  Stay tuned for more thinking this week.

3 comments:

  1. Mandy,
    That is one BIG word!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it's a good word for the way you described how you want to approach it. I am still deciding, & guess I should hurry! I have signed up too; looking forward to seeing some blog friends there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mandy,
    I always look forward to reading your New Year post. :) What a great word, too, for we are never standing still.

    ReplyDelete