Sunday, March 16, 2014

SLICE 2014 - 16 of 31 It glistens.















It glistens.
She glistens.

It shimmers.
She shimmers.

It sparkles.
She sparkles.

It twinkles.
She twinkles.

It lights up a room.
She lights up a room.

It makes her heart happy.
She makes my heart happy.



Prom dress shopping today, inspired today's post.  This is definitely a project that requires time and patience.  After experiencing it for the first time last year with some trials and tribulations, I knew what to expect this time.  We had a small but big catastrophe this year trying to purchase a dress online, warning - Just Don't Do It.  So with that behind us, we went out today with some friends for the second time to find one.  After stopping at three stores, with one more to go I thought we were going to be going again next Sunday.   

However, my thinking changed the minute she walked out of the room.  She was a bit gushy about the dress but I saw that twinkle in her eye, a smile from her heart and I knew this was the one.  It's really fun to be part of these moments with her and I can't wait to see her wear it in April for her Senior Prom.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this, Mandy! First how your daughter's reflection of the dress, then her reflection in you. Our children's happiness means everything to us, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet memoir to a special moment shared between you two. I hope her prom and prom dress turn out to be all that mother and daughter wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought back memories of last year, and my daughter's senior prom dress. Special moments, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Memories! My daughter is ten. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - love the poem opening - what a great text structure to show students - the poem as an entry to a small moment. Thanks
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! I am so happy to hear you've found success! Can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete