Sunday, March 23, 2014

SLICE 2014 - 23 of 31 - Looking Ahead














It's one more week
til spring break.
If you are looking for me
I might be,
teaching kindergarten
goods and services,
practicing retelling the 3bears,
discovering geometry.

It's one more week
til spring break.
If you are looking for me
I might be,
getting a haircut,
sneaking in some polish on my nails,
and finding clothes
too cold to wear here.

It's one more week
til spring break.
If you are looking for me
I might be,
doing laundry,
and praying my dryer gets fixed ASAP,
packing snacks for a long ride.

It's one more week
til spring break.
If you are looking for me
I might be,
writing how to take care of my dogs directions,
buying rabbit food,
and planning books to read.

Thank you my friend Cathy for inspiring my slice!  I just loved your piece of writing.

4 comments:

  1. I love this format! And I'm so jealous that you have break so soon. Ours isn't until mid-April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the repetition in your piece. ;). I might have to try that out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy has a way of inspiring in so many ways. I love how your poem conveys the anticipation you have for your upcoming Spring Break. While I hope this week (my Spring Break) goes slowly for me, I hope it goes quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you revamped Cathy's lines to accommodate your story. Enjoy this last week of school, get many of those "to-do" items done, and especially work on the polish. :)

    ReplyDelete