Wednesday, March 5, 2014

SLICE 2014 - 5 of 31 I Got Some Reading Advice

My fifth grader said tonight at bedtime, "Mom you need to do some loose reading."  I questioned, "loose reading?"  She replied with, "You read too many teaching books or books about food.  You know you are always learning. Learning books.  You'd really like this book."

She's currently reading the second book in the Michael Vey series by Richard Paul Evans and stalked classroom libraries at our school until she could find the second one.  I'm going to ponder her advice.  She is observant.

5 comments:

  1. What great advice! I love calling it "loose" reading. Making time for this kind of reading is an ongoing challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we listen to our kids, they tell us what we need to hear sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice from your 5th grader! Don't you love how our kids help us to put things in perspective? Enjoy your loose reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 5th grader is very wise. Sometimes we need to just read for fun! Hope you find time for some "loose reading" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice. What is even more impressive is that she took action to find you a book. "Loose reading" - I like the term.

    ReplyDelete