Friday, March 7, 2014

SLICE 2014 - 7 of 31 When the sun comes out...

The sun came out big, bold, and bright today.
I opened both rows of blinds and let it shine right in.

I said goodbye to indoor recess Lego creations, one class was saving day after day.
I said goodbye to the cups of counting bears left over from a math game.
I said goodbye to a collection of content books that seemed to take forever to use with school cancellations. I said goodbye to collections from home we brought to use for content learning.
I said goodbye to dried splattered paint.
I said goodbye to random school library books we have used.

I said hello bird feeders, you need some food and out I went to welcome friends for us to view.
I said hello space on the window sill, you look inviting.
I said hello empty book display stands, you need something new.
I said hello outside recess.
I said hello ideas for planning found and printed to take home.

The sun came out big, bold, and bright today.
An invitation to use planning time wisely.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the sun. The spring weather has been arriving here as well. I love that shift to being able to enjoy the outdoors without having to put on a coat first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of the see saw technique to show spring coming in, and winter going out. Great Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, sunshine! The switch of seasons gives an opportunity to start fresh. I like your goodbye-hello structure. Have a sunshiny weekend!

    ReplyDelete