Monday, May 25, 2015

Math Monday - Spotting Intervals

Welcome and thank you for stopping by Math Monday, 
I hope you will consider joining the conversation.

It's summer time for me and Math Mondays might be light hearted at time, which seems very appropriate since it's summer!  As I worked in the yard this weekend, I noticed my favorite reading spot has intervals.  My first reaction was there were intervals on the back and the seat.  Then I realized the top half of my chairs are tricky because the width at the top of each board increases a smidge in size, which makes the intervals inconsistent in size.  Which leads me to a question and or a misconception I think students could have.  Do intervals vary in size? or Intervals can be of different sizes.  The bottom is consistent in size and a great interval example.

As you see intervals this summer remember to join #intervalchat on twitter.


Leave your link within a comment and 

don't forget to check out other blogs to see what they are thinking mathematically!


To help build our community and support other bloggers, 
it would be nice for you comment on at least three other blogs before you. 
Also, if you tweet about your Math Monday post, don't forget to use #mathmonday!

2 comments:

  1. Mary Lee shares today when a lesson doesn't go as planned but turns out great in the end.
    http://readingyear.blogspot.com/2015/05/math-monday-in-which-lesson-doesnt-go.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb joins today and really shows us how students share their thinking and questioning about mathematics digitally.
    http://deb-frazier.blogspot.com/2015/05/is-addition-like-subtraction-math.html

    ReplyDelete