Saturday, June 13, 2015

Celebrate This Week - Sitting



Today I am celebrating, sitting.  


We had a double header for softball to start our day.  It was very hot and humid.  I tried to knit but knitting wasn't the most fun as sweat was dripping and rolling everywhere.  So, I sat and cheered and watched a fun group of 12 year olds have fun.  I told myself sitting is okay and I decided if I was a dog my owners would not be happy with how much focus it takes for me to just sit.  

I realize sitting this long is easy for many people.  However, I am usually doing things while I am sitting and the amount of time I sit is very short. 

Then we were invited to a post game pool party and I thought we would be there about an hour, mingling with team parents.  We actually sat and visited, making new friends.  Sharing and listening to stories that create connections for about three hours.  It was fun to watch our youngest play with teammates.  Sitting allowed her to make connections.  

Sitting created connections for us today.
Sitting is important.

Thank you Ruth, for supporting us in finding the positive in our busy lives and using our words to celebrate.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Mandy. I sat with my daughter & granddaughters today and visited, too. That happens sometimes, but we are often so busy that, like you wrote, often when I sit, I'm also doing something else too. Nice post to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If/when we meet we can sit and make connections too. Hopefully it would be air conditioned so you could knit or perhaps it might be walking a shady trail. Someday . . . Somewhere. . . :-)

    ReplyDelete